AVAILABLE TELEHEALTH SERVICES
During this time of increased social isolation, parenting children can become an increasing challenge as children are faced with the inability to go outside, play with peers face-to-face, and have increasing elearning requirements from the school. Here at RNBC we are dedicated to providing support and assistance during this time including parent support, individual therapy, behavioral consultations, increasing coping skills, managing anxiety and depression, and general support with developing structure and routine in the household. All of our services are available through video sessions. Our dedicated team of professionals are happy to help support you during this time. Please see our list of providers and their specialties below for more information on how we can best support you and your family. If you are interested in beginning telehealth services with us please complete the patient survey and a member of our clinic will be in touch after reviewing the form.
Click Here for a printable version of the information below.
|Speech Language Therapy|
|Virtual Developmental Assessments|
Psychiatry Telehealth Providers and Services
- Psychiatric evaluation and medication consultation
- Dr. Kasi will consult with the patient and parents. The parents and patient will have the opportunity to discuss their concerns individually and together.
- The assessment will integrate biological, psychological, and social perspectives.
- Dr. Kasi will partner with the family to create a comprehensive treatment plan with recommendations unique to each patient and family.
- Recommendations may include psychopharamcological intervention and referrals to psychotherapy with our wonderful team at RNBC.
- Areas of Expertise:
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Learning Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Psychological Telehealth Providers and Services
- Parent Support/Training
- Behavior regulation support and consultation
- Managing tantrums and big feelings
- Increasing positive/desirable behaviors
- Assisting in creating a routine and structure in the home
- How to set up a visual schedule
- How to set up a reward system
- How to create and use social stories or adapted books
- Social skills supports
- How to work on social skills while maintaining social distance
- Managing anxiety and general stress, and supporting self-esteem and emotional development in your children.
- Psychoeducation regarding your child’s diagnosis
- Navigating the special education system
- Managing and improving sleep hygiene
- Parent support and education about young children with autism, behavioral challenges, ADHD, Learning Disabilities, etc.
- Supporting toilet training in children.
- Behavior regulation support and consultation
- >Direct Therapy Services
- Coping skills to address anxiety, stress, and/or depression
- ABA techniques with children with Autism
- Working with children and teens on using more helpful thinking styles and coping behaviors
- Supporting positive sleep habits
- Learning adaptive daily living skills (e.g., getting dressed, washing hands, brushing teeth)
- Social skills supports for children with autism or social skills challenges.
Virtual Developmental Assessments
We are proud to offer virtual developmental assessments for children 4 and under. During this assessment process, caregivers who are concerned over their child’s development will meet virtually with a neuropsychologist over the course of two to three virtual sessions. During this time, the clinician will complete a comprehensive developmental interview and guide you through a standardized, virtual assessment via video observation. Similar to the in-person assessments, following the testing appointments, the clinician will set up a feedback session to discuss the results of the evaluation and discuss recommendations for next steps.
Speech and Language Pathologist Providers and Services
- SLP & Parent Consultation – This time could be devoted to talking with parents about their child, concerns about their child’s communication skills and education about communication development, ideas and strategies to help improve skills in the home.
- SLP Play observation – This time could be scheduled so that the SLP can observe the parent playing with their child in their home. These clinical observations reveal present levels of functioning in areas such as play, language and speech skills and behaviors. These observations will inform the SLP of ideas and strategies that can be shared during follow up session.
- SLP & Parent coaching – This time could be scheduled so that the SLP can provide real time parent coaching while they are playing with their child in order to remind parents when and how to use strategies to improve communication skills at home.
- Speech-language therapy – The SLP can provide direct speech therapy session to children in the home
The education services team at RNBC is currently providing individualised Executive Function Tele-Tutoring sessions to help students adjust to e‑learning at home.
Our EF tutoring services are designed to ehlp students develop strategies and routines in the following areas:
- Organizing a work space at home
- Managing materials
- Time management
- Estimating time
- Project management
- Focusing techniques
- Study strategies
- Note-taking skills
- Goal setting
For further information, please email Michael Smith at email@example.com